Private Jelastic PaaS Installation from Google Cloud Marketplace
Jelastic PaaS can be easily deployed as a private installation on top of Google Cloud hardware using a pre-configured package, available at Google Marketplace. It ensures a wholly automated installation process, so no specialized technical knowledge or skills are required.
Jelastic PaaS Deployment
1. Launch Jelastic PaaS solution via Google Marketplace.
Here, you can get acquainted with basic information about Jelastic PaaS (product overview, pricing information, link to documentation, etc).
2. Within the opened window, you can customize your Jelastic Cloud installation parameters.
- Deployment name - a unique name for the current installation
- Zone - the preferable physical location of the Google Cloud hardware
- Storage size - the required amount of disk space for your Jelastic Cloud (in GB)
- MachineType - the total amount of resources available for a platform (number of CPU cores and RAM)
- Admin Email - email address of your Jelastic Cloud installation owner
Click Deploy to proceed and wait a bit for the Jelastic PaaS instance to be automatically configured for you.
3. When the deployment is completed, you will see all the administrating information, required for your platform management.
Here, you can find:
- Dev Panel - developers dashboard to manage hosted applications
- Admin Panel - Jelastic Cluster Admin (JCA) panel to configure and orchestrate your private cloud platform
- Admin user name and Admin user password - your admin account credentials (can be used to enter both of the above-mentioned panels)
That’s it! Now, you can access your Dev and Admin panels and start managing your Jelastic PaaS installation.
Getting Started with Jelastic Cloud Platform
As a cloud owner, you can enter and operate the platform through both administrator and end-user panels.
1. As an admin user, you have access to the Jelastic Cluster Admin panel, intended to manage and customize the platform.
Here, you can tune and monitor your Private Cloud in a desired way:
- change the required system settings
- customize developers interface elements
- create user groups with different quotas and level of access
- review cluster statistics and user actions history, etc.
2. To start hosting applications, go to Jelastic developers dashboard where all environments and applications are managed.
Here, you can give a try to the main Jelastic functionality in confines of project hosting:
- create a new environment
- deploy application
- set up automatic vertical and horizontal scaling
- install ready-to-go solutions from Marketplace
- operate with Docker containers
- manage containers remotely via SSH
- start account collaboration, and more
Your Jelastic Cloud Platform is up and ready for immediate usage.