Jelastic PaaS Installation on DigitalOcean
Jelastic PaaS Lite Edition is available for automatic installation on top of DigitalOcean infrastructure without any specific technical knowledge or skills. The deployment of a private platform can be performed from DigitalOcean Marketplace.
The minimum recommended size for Jelastic PaaS LE installation is 100 GB disk space, 8 GB RAM, and 4 CPU cores. However, based on your needs, you can select droplet of various capacities:
- 8 GB RAM - for initial setup and small projects
- 16GB RAM - for production environments with medium load
- 32GB+ RAM - for large size development and production environments
The size can be chosen during the installation steps using a convenient DigitalOcean wizard. And the number of host servers can be easily enlarged via intuitive Jelastic admin panel or using simple command lines even when the platform is already up and running.
Currently, you get a beta license for Jelastic PaaS LE that allows you to run up to 10 nodes (Max 64 GB RAM each) for free till the end of 2020, so you will pay only for DigitalOcean Droplets. Afterwards, the license will cost 50% from the price for the chosen servers.
In order to install dedicated Jelastic PaaS Lite Edition on DigitalOcean, follow the next steps:
1. Open Jelastic PaaS installation page in DigitalOcean Marketplace and press Create Jelastic PaaS Droplet. Log in using your DigitalOcean credentials (or sign up if required).
2. Pick a tariff plan. In this guide, we’ll use Standard that includes a virtual machine with 8GB RAM, 4 CPUs, and 160 GB SSD.
3. Choose a preferred datacenter region.
4. Choose SSH keys as authentication method and add your public SSH key to the droplet by pressing New SSH Key button.
The instruction on how to create a key pair is provided in the right column.
5. Choose a hostname for VM and press the Create Droplet button (if required, enable backups).
6. Wait until the droplet is created.
7. Copy the droplet’s IP address to the clipboard and connect to the created VM via SSH under the root user.
8. Once you’ve logged in, follow text instructions and type “yes” to start Jelastic installation. Open in browser the provided installation URL to continue.
9. Fill in the form with System User Email and the preferred Domain name for the platform. Click the INSTALL button to proceed to the final step of Jelastic PaaS installation.
10. You can track the installation process with SHOW DETAILS button or get familiar with the latest Jelastic publications and updates.
11. Once the installation is finished the credentials appear in the successful installation window, as well as sent to System User Email.
12. With the provided credentials, you may go directly to the DEV PANEL and create the first environment. Follow the dashboard guide for more details.
Or navigate to OPS PANEL (Jelastic Cluster Admin Panel) to manage your Jelastic PaaS. Use JCA guide to get acquainted with the main available functionality.