Note: This document is based on Jelastic version 3.3.
Building your Hybrid Cloud solution is a comprehensive process, which requires careful planning and preliminary deep market analysis for smart resources’ distribution. Once you’ve determined where (regions) and which hardware (hardnode groups with the varied parameters) you are going to provide, the initial designed cloud structure needs to be implemented through composing the appropriate list of regions.
In order to start managing it, log into your Jelastic Admin Panel (JCA) and switch to the Cluster > Regions menu item to the left.
Here you’ll see a list of the available regions with the hardware node groups inside.
The following information can be found within the appropriate columns:
- Name of a region or comprised hardnode group
- Domain assigned to a region
- Subnet allocated for a region
- Migration tick presence marks permission for users to migrate environments from/to current region
- Status of a region/hardware node group (could be either ACTIVE or under the MAINTENANCE)
Description with some optional information on a region or hardnode group
Within this section you can adjust your multi-regional policy through the next operations:
- add a new region
- add a new hardware node group
- edit region / hardware node group
- after you create all the required regions and fulfill them with the appropriate hardware node groups, you’ll have to adjust them before delivering to end-users
- regions themselves won’t be visible throughout the Jelastic dashboard - users operate directly with all the hardnode groups available to them