Groups of Users
Use the Groups section of JCA to see the list of all available user groups and manage them via the appropriate settings (e.g. set quotas and pricing models).
Four group types (beta, billing, post, and trial) are available within the Groups table. Herewith, each one is provided with at least one record. Information on the Name, Reseller, Signup Default, Collaboration Default, and Descriptions is displayed within the list.
In case, when there is at least one reseller, a dedicated drop-down list appears at the tools panel, allowing to switch between the main and all of the assigned sub-platforms. Use it to select the required installation.
Below, we’ll overview how to:
Manage User Group List
While working with user groups list, you can Add new groups and Edit/Remove existing ones.
- To create a new user group, click the Add button from the tools panel.
Within the opened Add Group frame, fill in the following fields:
- enter the Name for a new group
- choose the desired group Type (trial, billing, post, or beta)
- select the Source Group from the automatically fetched list of existing groups of the same Type. The default settings for a new group (welcome email, quotas, pricing model) will be copied from the selected source one. These values can be subsequently edited due to the requirements
- optionally, specify a Description
- optionally, choose the Active Directory from the appropriate AD Domain (Windows) list to be assigned to this group
Click the Save button when ready. A new group will appear at the list in a moment.
- You can Edit the existing groups to change the Name, Description, and AD Domain data (see the description in the previous step).
Don’t forget to Save applied changes.
- To delete a user group, you need to ensure there are no users assigned to it:
- switch to the Users section, choose the group you want to remove via the appropriate filter and click Search
- select all the found results and click the Change Group option from the Actions menu
- choose a new group within the opened frame and confirm the transfer
Set Default Groups
Jelastic PaaS has several special-purpose groups, which can be configured using the Actions drop-down list at the top of the Groups panel.
- Each group type (beta, billing, post, and trial) has a default group, which is automatically used if a specific one was not requested. A dedicated “(default)” label is provided to highlight such a group within the list.
To change the default group of the type, select any non-default one and click the Set as Default from the Actions list.
- You can set a default signup group to automatically assigned all new users registered on the platform to it. Such a group will be ticked within the Signup Default column.
Choose a required group from the list and click the Use for Signup option in the Actions list.
- The default collaboration group allows assigning new users invited via the collaboration feature into a separate group. Such one will be ticked within the Collaboration Default column.
Customize User Group
You can manage the currently selected group via the Quotas and Regions & Pricing tabs in the panel to the right.
- The table of Quotas allows configuring default permissions and limitations for all users within the group.
You can use the Search field to locate the required quota and the Edit button (or double-click) to adjust its value. Apply the changes with the Update button.
In the Regions & Pricing tab, you can view the availability of the host groups for the users of this group. Click Edit to adjust it.
Within the edit mode, you can tick Host Groups (environment regions) that will be Available for this group and select the Default one among them. Also, it is possible to change the Pricing model for a particular region by clicking the pencil icon and selecting a new one from the appeared list.
Don’t forget to Apply the changes you’ve made.