Add VM as a User Node on Google Cloud
To add a new host to your Jelastic PaaS installation on the Google cloud, access GCloud console and follow the next steps:
1. Open the VM Instances section and click on your Jelastic installation to view details.
2. Locate information on the Zone (region), Network, and Subnetwork for this VM.
3. Create a new VM within the same region as the main Jelastic instance. Herewith, any preferable zone can be selected.
Next, select the Centos 7 as your Boot disk and provide at least 100 GB of disk space.
4. Set Network and Subnetwork same as for your main VM.
Create the configured instance when ready.
5. Log into the Jelastic Cluster Admin Panel and navigate to the Hosts section.
Click the Add button at the tools panel.
6. Within the opened frame, copy the command for a new host addition.
7. Connect to the server you’ve added on the Google Cloud via SSH and get root privileges by executing:
8. Run the host addition command from the 6th step.
That’s all! When operation is completed, the server will be added to the Jelastic cluster with all required interconnections.