Jelastic Billing Overview
- JBilling is Jelastic internal subsystem responsible to collect hardware resources consumption info, calculate relevant customers charging and provide billing information. It can be extended and integrated to meet your specific business needs.
- Account balance
- Account balance is a virtual balance, on which conventional units can be transferred. JBilling automatically debits Usage from Account balance. Balance is shown in Jelastic dashboard.
- Trial account
- Trial account is a user’s account type, which is limited with a period of time and quotas. Trial account has some restrictions: quantity of environments available for creation, external IPs for environment’s instances, number of app servers, that can be used, etc.
- Billing account
- Billing account is a paid account type. It has 2 variations: prepaid and postpaid. Billing accounts have to exist in External Billing system.
- Quotas are the restrictions for each account type. Quotas list is predefined by Jelastic. Values for each Quota are to be set by cluster administrator. Each users group may have its own quota set and quota values. The list of quotas with their definition you can find in the document Quotas System.
End-users payments might be performed in 2 ways:
Prepayment means, that a user makes deposit to his account. The funds are being charged according to service consuming tarification.
In the case bonus balance is positive, resource usage is debited from account bonus first.
As user's balance expires (balance reaches value of account.minbalance quota), the account becomes deactivated and user needs to refund it in order to continue using the service.
When Post pay method is applied, end-user pays for resources, which have been consumed during the past (appointed) period.
In this case resource usage is tariffed for each hour as usual but debited each first day of the stated period (month usually). Thus user’s balance doesn’t change during whole month and he can use Jelastic services without any limitations.
When the stated period ends, Jelastic creates invoice to the sum of actual spendings during this period. Post-paid customer has to pay this invoice in order to keep using Jelastic during the next period.
Note: IT department can pick any of this models or both of them.